Your DHCP server, your rules!
Do you need a flexible customisable DHCPv6 server? Then DHCPKit is for you.
DHCPKit provides a flexible framework for your DHCP services. You can use it to provision your customers according to your own business rules, and it can also be easily integrated into your existing ISP management and provisioning tools.
- Written in Python 3.4+ with lots of hooks for extensions
- Static address and/or prefix delegations to a predetermined set of customers from a CSV file
- Support for ISP-related options like Sol-Max-RT, Remote-ID, Subscriber-ID, Link-Layer-ID etc.
- The ability to respond (or not) based on the Elapsed-time value
- Customisable renew/rebind time limits
Download & install
Install DHCPKit using pip:
pip3 install dhcpkit
Or use one of the official repositories:
- fd.io VPP integration, so you can use DHCPKit as the DHCPv6 server for VPP
- Kafka integration for analysis of DHCP traffic
- Looking Glass web interface based on the data from Kafka
- Non-standard options for Technicolor routers
Adapting DHCPKit to your needs and adding new extensions is easy! Take a look at the resources below to get started. If you’re interested in collaborating or just have something specific in mind, contact email@example.com and I’ll be happy to help.
DHCPKit source code is hosted on GitHub.
- IPv6 Server configuration
- Developer’s guide
- Applicable copyright licences